
The Headquarters, Theatre Command, Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI, has dismissed as false and misleading a viral video alleging non-payment of allowances to troops and victimisation of a soldier within the theatre of operations.
In a statement issued on Saturday in Maiduguri, the Media Information Officer of Operation HADIN KAI, Lt.-Col. Sani Uba, said the claims were a deliberate attempt to misinform the public and discredit the military command structure.
Uba clarified that the money referenced in the video was not operational allowance, stressing that all legitimate allowances due to troops had been paid up to date as of May 2026.
According to him, the allowances include Ration Cash Allowance (RCA) disbursed to units for centralized feeding, operational allowance paid directly into personnel accounts, and habit allowance also paid directly to troops.
He explained that the issue raised in the video concerned an additional incentive for troops providing security at a critical national asset in Tuba.
The spokesman said the allowance was only paid when funds were available and was initially funded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited.
He added that when the company ceased exploration activities, payments stopped, prompting the Borno State Government to assume responsibility for the police and volunteer forces under a separate arrangement.
According to him, efforts are ongoing to include troops in the same payment structure.
Uba said that during an operational visit, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division, Brig.-Gen. Solomon Diwa, assured personnel that he would engage relevant authorities to facilitate payment once funds were released.
The command also dismissed allegations that the concerned soldier was intimidated or punished, describing the claims as entirely unfounded.
It said preliminary findings indicated that the video was produced by a “mischievous content creator” known for publishing materials based on information from disgruntled individuals.
“The Theatre Command regards this act as unpatriotic and a deliberate attempt to tarnish the image of the Armed Forces,” the statement said.
The command further noted that the circulation of such information violated the Nigerian Armed Forces’ social media policy governing the use of digital platforms on operational matters.
It added that measures were in place to address breaches in line with military regulations.
Operation HADIN KAI reaffirmed its commitment to troop welfare and disclosed that mechanisms had been instituted to ensure prompt payment of legitimate entitlements through collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
The command urged media organisations and the public to avoid spreading unverified information capable of undermining troop morale and national security operations in the North-East.
It reiterated its commitment to restoring peace, security and economic stability in the region while maintaining professionalism, discipline and accountability.






