Zulum Visits Uba, Chibok Communities, Assures Rescue of Abducted Pupils

Spread the love

Governor Babagana Umara Zulum on Tuesday visited Uba town in Borno to sympathise with parents of schoolchildren abducted in Mussa community, assuring residents that efforts were ongoing to secure the safe release of the victims.

The governor, who visited the community at the palace of the Emir of Uba, expressed sympathy to the emirate and families affected by the incident.

“I want to convey my deepest sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children and the entire people of Uba Emirate over the recent unfortunate incident,” Zulum said.

He assured residents that the Federal Government under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government were working to secure the release of the abducted children.

“Let me assure you that the Federal Government under the distinguished leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Nigerian Armed Forces and Borno State Government will do everything possible to secure the release of the children,” he said.

Zulum commended the military and other security agencies for taking proactive measures to prevent further deterioration of the security situation in the area.

He disclosed that senior security officials, including the Brigade Commander, Commanding Officer and Divisional Police Officer, had been deployed to strengthen security and facilitate the safe return of the victims.

The governor also pledged to reinforce security in Askira, Uba and adjoining communities to prevent recurrence of similar incidents.

“We have made frantic efforts to stabilize Askira, Uba and adjoining communities through reinforcing security in these areas,” he said.

Zulum appealed to the abductors to release the children, describing them as innocent minors who needed the care and protection of their parents.

He also urged residents of the emirate and the people of Borno to intensify prayers, especially during the first 10 days of the holy month of Dhul Hijjah.

Speaking during the visit, the Emir of Uba, Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, said the incident occurred on May 15 when 48 persons were abducted in Mussa community.

According to the monarch, the victims comprised 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students and five other residents.

The emir commended the governor for his commitment to addressing insecurity and supporting communities across the state.

Also speaking, a representative of the Mussa community, Dr. Chinapi Amanja, appreciated the governor for the visit and acknowledged the deployment of senior military officers and security personnel to the area.

In a related development, Zulum also visited Chibok town to commiserate with communities affected by recent attacks in parts of Chibok Local Government Area.

Addressing district heads, village heads and other stakeholders, the governor said he was saddened by the attacks, which claimed several lives and left many others injured.

“I purposely came to Chibok to sympathize with you over the recent attacks in some parts of the local government which claimed many lives and left others injured,” he said.

The governor assured residents that the Federal Government, the armed forces and the Borno State Government were working to prevent a recurrence of the attacks through the deployment of additional troops.

He urged residents to remain calm and law-abiding while praying for the repose of the souls of those killed in the attacks.

Responding on behalf of the affected communities, the District Head of Garu, Engr. Zannah Madu, appreciated the governor for the visit and government intervention in addressing security challenges in the area.

Author